In 1940 Walter Schneider founded a workshop for manufacturing carbide metal tools.
In 1946 the company developed on behalf of the German Federal Railways hydraulic springs and high-pressure pumps for heavy load trailer axles. These trailers were used for the transport of rail wagons on the road.
In 1960 for the first time a commercial vehicle was equipped for shunting on railways. This was the beginning of the Zweiweg philosophy: vehicles able to drive on road and rail.
In 1969 double rollers replaced the skids. Therefore higher tractive forces were reached and more applications were possible.
In the 70’s: the first patent was filed: hydraulic powerized track guiding system.
In the 80’s: more patents followed: buffer plate, coupling rod, spinning suction system, anti-slip-regulation, safe-pallet and many more.
In the 90’s: the important developments were hydraulic rail drive system for vehicles up to 40 tons weight and 80 km/h speed on rails.
Since 1994 the ZWEIWEG quality is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001.
In 2006: Zweiweg Schneider changed to ZWEIWEG International and joins the today’s Zagro Group.
2018 SRT Schörling Rail Tech GmbH and ZWEIWEG International GmbH & Co. KG bring together the operational business. Under the name ZWEIWEG, it will continue seamlessly at two locations, in Leichlingen and Sehnde.
Today: Zweiweg - Your partner for Road-Rail Vehicles.